Sunday, May 6, 2007

Life's a trip.

Let me rephrase that: life is a journey. It's one experience after another, and we have to pay attention, or we'll miss the important things as we let the time roll by. We'll keep racing toward an end without seeing the value of how we got there. Take the trip for the sake of the journey, the process, the experience.

Yep, I'm going to visit New Orleans--on their dollar. Teach for America is paying for me to go out there to look at the school they might have me teach in, meet some students and other Corp members, and see some of the city. This will make up my mind, one way or the other. All I have to do now is accept that the decision of my heart could lead me into the most difficult experience I've ever faced. But that part of the journey, just like the rest, will not be made alone.

So let's go.

No comments: