Friday, July 13, 2007

A long week of teaching

6/22: I now understand the phrase "It's five 0'clock somewhere." What did we do as a school full of new teachers when class let out on Friday? We went to happy hour at the Armadillo grill-something-or-other. I really don't remember the name, but if you drive past it, you won't miss it. There is literally a 20ft+, metal-plated armadillo with horns and red light bulb eyes out in front of this place. It was actually really nice to hang out with these people without the pressure of student scrutiny or staff observations or any sort of schedule. I'm still getting to know some of these people, even the ones I see for most of the day. I got to spend time just talking (and taking pictures, of course). My camera already has a reputation. )

No comments: