Friday, July 27, 2007

All in two weeks

What has happened to the last two weeks?

I'll tell you what:
-moving to New Orleans,
-finding roommates,
-apartment shopping for days on end,
-exploring the city,
-driving a lot, and
-signing a lease!
Then the family left.
-then more driving,
-trying to set up a home with just a bunch of boxes,
-more exploring, and
-trying not to get lonely.
Then Orientation:
-several 2.5-hour sessions on delving into the state standards for high school math,
-eating lunches from the student center on TfA's dollar (which was very generous of them),
-dressing up every day again (watching out for blisters),
-dinner with sponsors in really nice houses,
-stories of those who stayed during the Storm,
-dinner with alumni (wonderful, previous corps members)--I think I got the best one,
-and a closing word from a student at one of TfA's placement schools. He is currently dually enrolled in high school and college. Gives me hope for my own students...

More later. Low battery.

Much of my love and thoughts are yours.

No comments: